Wednesday, June 26, 2013

38 Years of Faithfulness

Most of you who will read this post have some connection with me. That means the vast majority of you already know that 2 weeks ago, on June 6, 2013, my Dad went to be with Jesus. 

One of the added pains of June 6 is that’s only 2 days before June 8. On June 8, 1975, my mom and dad made a promise to one another. They said that it would only be death that would separate them. That’s exactly what they meant. 

I am grateful that my parents were faithful to one another for just shy of 38 years. The morning of the funeral service, my mom prepared an anniversary card, a Father’s Day card, and a birthday card to be placed in the casket. There are some things in life that you simply will never forget. 

The news today is flooded with stories of those who pervert this sacred bond and revel in  our cultural “progress.” I’m glad that my parents did not just teach me, but lived in front of me what it means to be committed to one another in a true marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment